Monday, August 1, 2016

Pilate page 17

Pilate page 17 by ric Gustafson


Pilate yawned. He turned to his Tribune. " How many more cases?".
" Just two my Prefect". He sighed. " These are the two highwaymen who killed some Passover pilgrims as they were entering the Holy City".
Pilate stared at the two shackled men. " Are there any witnesses?".
" Yes, my Prefect".
Three women came forward and gave their testimony.
Members of the Roman patrol who captured the men came forward.
Pilate stared at the Tribune. " Have you gotten a signed confession from these two?".
" Yes, my Prefect".
Pilate looked at the two. " I find you both guilty of all charges".
" My Prefect".
Pilate turned toward his faithful aide.
" My Prefect, it is late in the day for crucifixion".
" Judgment will be suspended until tomorrow morning".


research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L Maier


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: