Saturday, August 13, 2016

the fruit of the Spirit page 5

the fruit of the Spirit page 5 by ric Gustafson


Amy stopped a steel cart at the fresh fruit aisle. She noticed her friend Elaine putting some apples into a cart. " Hi Elaine".
" Hello". She sighed as she put some oranges into a bag. " I'm sad today".
" Why is that?".
They walked over to the fresh vegetables.
" I just came from the funeral of a high school classmate". Tears formed in her eyes. " She had long term cancer". She hugged Amy. " During the funeral service, I was asking myself why she had to suffer that much?".
Amy smiled. " Elaine, I believe that longsuffering is a fruit of the Spirit".
Elaine put some celery into her cart. " What do you mean?".
" I feel if you approach affliction in the right spirit, you will benefit".
Elaine thought for a moment. " Like Joseph".
" Yes". She hugged her friend. " Joseph had to suffer in order to show compassion later".
Elaine grinned. " Now I'm beginning to understand".


research help: ' Fruit of the Spirit' by Ron Hembree


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: