Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pilate page 10

Pilate page 10 by ric Gustafson


Pilate sat at one end of the table. Both he and Herod Antipas were staring at his step daughter. She was dancing in front of them. They were mesmorized. When she finished, they stood up and clapped.
Herod smiled at her. " My dear Salome, that was a beautiful performance".
Her dancing had brought new life to Antipas's birthday party.
" My dear, ask me for anything". He clapped his hands in joy. " I'll give it to you".
" May I ask mother first?".
" Yes".
She ran off. Shortly she returned. " I want you to give me the head of John the Baptizer on a platter".
" My dear, you must be joking".
" No father".
Antipas frowned. He did not want to do this. In secret, he enjoyed talking to the desert prophet. But he also knew that he could not go back on his word. He shook his head. He pointed at a nearby guard. " Come here". He whispered a command into his ear.
Shortly after, the platter came in. It was handed to Salome.
She took the platter to her mother.


research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L Maier


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: