Monday, August 31, 2015

wonder of his love: Wounding Love

wonder of his love: Wounding Love by ric Gustafson


I shudder at the thought of the wounds Jesus incurred for me. He was flogged, nailed to a cross and pierced with a spear. Yet his wounds had a purpose. His wounding was to take our sin and pain and make us holy and blameless to God. Then God could adopt us as his sons and daughters, heal us and use us.
I've thought to myself why he did all that for me. He touched all the wounded areas of my life and exchanged his life for our past. Now we can move on and not look back. God now sees us as valued and approved. Now we have confidence and a sense of worth.
No sin that we have ever committed is wasted. He uses us to help others who are wounded. The areas that brought us pain and shame God will use to help others. Jesus will heal us and our wounds will become scars.
Praise God


research help: ' The Wonder of his Love' by Nancy Stafford


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: