Friday, August 21, 2015

the stranger who came to town page 8

the stranger who came to town page 8 by ric Gustafson


Pastor Winters took a sip of water from a glass near his bible. " The text for this morning's mediation is based on I John 4:1". He cleared his throat. " Dear friends, do not believe every spirit but test the spirits to see if they are from God because many false prophets have gone out into the world". When the service ended, he walked to the back of the sanctuary to greet parishioners.
" I don't think we've met" Linda said as Homer stood up. " I'm Linda Langford".
" Homer Tang" he replied with a strange grin. " May I ask what happened to your shoulder?".
" I had surgery on it a couple of years ago and now I can barely lift my left arm".
" I'm sorry to hear that". He put a hand on her left shoulder.
Instantly, warmth came to that area.
" I hope it gets better".
In amazement, she lifted her left hand to her mouth.
Josh and Clarice shook Pastor Winter's hand. " Great service".
Homer walked up to them.
" Pastor Winters, this is Homer Tang".
He gave the Pastor an evil grin.
" He's staying at the motel".
Homer shook Pastor's Winters hand. " Interesting sermon".
Pastor Winters shook Homer's hand. As he did so, a strange sensation came over him.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: