Tuesday, August 18, 2015

the stranger who came to town page 5

the stranger who came to town page 5 by ric Gustafson


" I'm sorry I cannot shake hands very well" Clarice said as she rubbed her arm and elbow. " My arm and elbow are extremely sore probably due to my tennis playing".
" I'm sorry to hear that". Homer reached over and touched Clarice's arm.
Immediately, she felt warmth to her arm and elbow".
" I hope you feel better".
Josh and Clarice sat back down and ordered breakfast. Flora brought them toast, scrambled eggs and juice.
Flora gave Homer his bill.
He stared at the two. " So where are you going after you eat?".
" Church" Josh replied as he bit into a piece of wheat toast. " We go to the only church in town".
He handed Flora some money for his breakfast. " What church is that?".
" Abundant Joy Lutheran Church".
Homer gave Josh a strange grin. " Would you mind if I came to a service?".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: