Saturday, March 21, 2015

the ding ding man

the ding ding man by ric Gustafson


The summer was hot. I heard the ding ding bell. I ran across the street to the little pure white truck. The truck stopped and the little window opened. A man wearing white peered out. He had a dark beard and was smiling. " Can I help you?".
Sweat was dripping into my eyes and stung them. " I'm looking for ice cream".
He grinned. " I'm not selling ice cream".
" So what are you selling?".
" That people would simply believe in me, repent of their sins and they will be with me forever".
I kept wiping sweat from my eyes. " Not selling ice cream".
" Nope, just the free gift of salvation".
" Why do you ding ding that bell but yet you don't sell any ice cream?".
" I ding ding for the lost and anybody willing to listen to my simple message".
" Sorry". I walked away from the truck.
Jesus watched with tears in his eyes and sadness in his heart. He dinged dinged the bell. The little pure white truck traveled on in search of the spiritually lost.

The End


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: