Tuesday, March 17, 2015

on the corner of hopelessness and despair page 2

on the corner of hopelessness and despair page 2 by ric Gustafson


Orlando turned to see a young man who was wearing white pants and a white shirt. He was holding a large red solo cup.
" I'm very thirsty" he replied as he wiped sweat from his brow. " I've been standing in this blazing sun for hours.
The young man handed the cup to Orlando. " Drink deeply my friend".
Orlando drank every drop until it was gone. He handed him the now empty cup. " Thank you".
" Orlando, my store is just right over there". The young man pointed a finger toward the nearby strip mall. " Plus it is air conditioned".
Orlando thought for a moment as he glanced up at the unrelenting sun. " Ok". Then he thought of something. " By the way, how did you know my name is Orlando?".
The young man smiled and took Orlando's sign. " I don't think you'll need this any longer".
They began to walk toward the strip mall.


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: