Monday, March 21, 2022

Malchus page 5

 Malchus page 5 by ric gustafson


Malchus stared at the traders. " Your trading will not be bothered today".
One trader sneered. " That's easy for you to say".
" The Temple guard will make sure". Just then, he heard a commotion coming from the Court of the Gentiles. As he ran over, a man ran past him.
" I've been healed". He hugged Malchus. " It's a miracle". He began to hug everyone he could see. " My eyes can see".
Just then, the Rabbi appeared. 
The man hugged him. " Thank you for healing me". He ran off praising God's name.
Then Malchus watched as his Master, Jonathon and some priests approached.
" Rabbi". Caiaphas sneered. " By what authority are you doing these things?".
" I will ask you one thing too". Jesus smiled. " If you tell me, I will tell you by what authority I do these things".
They all nodded.
" Was the baptism of John from heaven or from men?".
Caiaphas and the others began to converse.
Finally, one of the priests spoke up. " We do not know".
" Then neither will I tell you by what authority I do what I do".


research help: ' Malchus' by W.G. Griffiths


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: