Friday, October 11, 2019

down at the Witches Brew page 2

down at the Witches Brew page 2 by ric gustafson


Todd and Martin walked through the doorway and felt the cobwebs on their faces.
Todd moved a web away from his face and felt something bump against his left leg.
He looked down. In fear, he backed toward the door. It was a black cat.
" Felix" replied an older woman who was dressed in black like a witch. " Sorry about that". She picked up the black cat. " Welcome to the Witches Brew". She gave a slight cackle. " What can I do for you?".
" We're lost". Martin stared at the Halloween décor. " We're looking for Ridgewood Avenue where we live".
" I'm not sure where that is". The cat scampered into a dark corner. " You boys look like you are hungry". She pointed to an empty booth. " You can be my last customers today".
The two walked over and sat down in a booth. The woman brought over and handed them two menus with cob webs on them.
" I would recommend the eye of newt". She cackled again. " The ghoul stew is good also".
Todd stared at her and put down the menu. " No thanks". He stood up and began to walk toward the front door. " Martin, I'll wait for you outside".
" Sorry". Martin handed her the menus". " I guess we're not hungry after all".
" That's ok". She cackled again. " I also do tarot readings".
" I don't know what tarot cards are?".
" Come back tomorrow and I'll show you".
" Ok". He gave her a weak smile. " What street is this?".
" Endor Lane".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: