Friday, September 14, 2018

the empty box page 1

the empty box page 1 by ric Gustafson


I woke up. I looked around to see where I was. It looked like a long red box with white ruffles inside. I looked over at a young man.  His hands were folded. The person looked happy. I swung my legs over the side of the box. I looked to my right and noticed several bouquets of very pretty flowers. Somebody next to them was crying. This person was being comforted by someone else.
The woman had pretty gray hair that was neatly cut. She was dabbing her eyes with a clutched tissue. Holding her was an elderly man with gray hair. He looked familiar. It was my Uncle Louie.
I got down from the box and began to walk toward my favorite uncle.
I tried to get his attention. " Uncle Louie".
I waved my arms trying to get his attention. " Uncle Louie".
" He can't hear you".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: