Sunday, October 30, 2016

the pumpkin patch page 1

the pumpkin patch page 1 by ric Gustafson


Doreen wasn't sure who was there. " Miguel, are you there?".
" Yes I am" was the reply. " I'm just over to your right".
" Are you there Alex?".
" Yes, I'm in the back".
Doreen exclaimed with excitement in her voice. " I sure hope we get picked today".
Miguel spoke up. " I hear something".
" The kids are coming" Alex said with a shout. " Everyone get ready".
All three pumpkins waited patiently and hoped that they would get picked.
Later, Miguel heard the silence as the last of the families left the patch. " Doreen, are you still there?".
" Yes". There was sadness in her voice. " They did not pick me".
" Alex, are you still there?".
" Yes I'm still here". There was silence. " I was not picked either".
" What's wrong with me?" Doreen asked loudly. " I'm a good looking pumpkin".
" I don't know" Alex replied with a sigh.
" I'm scared" Miguel exclaimed. " What will happen to us if we are not picked?".
" Don't worry" Doreen said in a reassuring voice. " God knows we are here".
Miguel sighed. " I sure hope you are right".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: