Sunday, October 16, 2016

Pilate page 31

Pilate page 31 by ric Gustafson


It was late in the afternoon. An aide walked up to Pilate who had just finished swimming. " My Prefect, there is somebody here to see you".
He slowly dried himself off. " Who is it?".
The aide grinned. " It is a member of the Sanhedrin".
" Ok". He quickly dressed and then walked into the palace waiting room.
A member of the Sanhedrin approached him. " My Prefect, I am Joseph of Arimathea.
" Yes Councilor".
" Myself and another Councilor by the name of Nicodemus seek your permission to bury the body of Jesus of Nazareth".
Surprise came over Pilate's face. " He is already dead!".
" Yes my Prefect". His voice hesitated. " Shortly after the ninth hour".
Just then, a shaken up Flavius returned with his execution detail.
" Flavius, did you break the legs of the prisoners?".
" Yes my Prefect". He stared at Pilate. " The two robbers but not the third prisoner".
" Why not?".
" He was already dead". Flavius's voice hesitated. " I had one of my men put a lance into his side".
Pilate looked at the Councilor. He was satisfied with the answer. " Yes you have my permission to bury the prisoner".

The End


research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L Maier


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: