Friday, October 14, 2016

Pilate page 30

Pilate page 30 by ric Gustafson


Pilate was sitting in his study. He heard a knock on the door. " Yes".
An aide walked in. " My Prefect".
" Yes".
The aide grinned. " My Prefect, there are several priests here to see you".
He walked out to see the group that had formed. " Yes, what is this intrusion".
One of the priests spoke up. " My Prefect, the titulus that you affixed to the top of the Rabbi's cross is wrong".
" It is". He scratched his chin. " And why would you think that?".
Another priest spoke up. " It reads Jesus of Nazareth the King of the Jews".
" That is correct".
Another priest spoke up. " My Prefect, it should say that he claimed to be the King of the Jews".
Pilate stared at the group sternly. " What I have written, I have written". He walked back to his study.
Later, on a parchment he wrote that the basis of sentence was constructive treason. He concluded on the parchment that the sentence was crucifixion and that there was no appeal.


research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L Maier


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: