Monday, July 14, 2014

lunch at Golden Gate Park

lunch at Golden Gate Park by ric gustafson


my wife and I got on a double decker bus and started on a city tour. We drove through San Francisco areas I had not seen yet. Eventually, we ended up in Haight Ashbury. This was an area that Sig and I wanted to explore. We walked down to the famous corner of Haight and Ashbury. We walked over to Haight Ashbury Park and walked a bit. We found a store of tie die clothing and found a couple of things. The area was very unique and was actually the way I envisioned it. Our next bus stop was Golden Gate Park. It was a huge area and there were lots of YMCA kids there for day field trips. Sig and I went over the Golden Gate Bridge and it was beautiful. The water was breathtaking and it was fun to see from both sides. The bus tour was a great way to see parts of San Francisco that we had not seen yet. The hotel has wine hour and then we will find a place to eat.
The sad part of today is watching all the homeless in the city who have nothing and carry all that they have around with them looking for a place to lay their head outside. God watches over Sig and I and I know that he watches over these people also.
Everyone is God's child and I know that.


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: