Tuesday, May 29, 2012

the parade crasher page 2

the parade crasher page 2 by ric gustafson


I could tell by the voices going by that something grand and unusual was approaching from one end of the city toward me. I heard people jumping shouting and running by me. " What's going on Mita?" I asked as I strained to hear everyone's voice.
" I don't know" she said as people walked up to buy fruit from her cart.
" What's going on Tila?" I asked as I wiped the noonday sweat from my forehead.
" I've been hearing from people that the Rabbi from Galilee and his followers are trying to get through town without being noticed".
" Who's the Rabbi from Galilee?" I asked Mita.
" I've heard he's performed miracles and preaches that the Kingdom of God is at hand".
" He's coming" Tila said as he pointed up the street. He moved his meat cart from the edge of the street.
I heard people shouting and voices getting more louder as they came closer.



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: