Tuesday, May 29, 2012

the parade crasher page 1

the parade crasher page 1 by ric gustafson


I woke up and felt around for my little tin cup. It was cool out and I knew that it was still early morning. According to my father Timaeus, I have been blind since birth. I have lived in Jericho my entire life and even though I cannot see, I can hear everything that goes on.
I have been sitting in this spot most of my life begging for food and money. Sometimes somebody will throw a few coins into my tin cup but not often.
Even though I hear a lot of voices going by me each day, two voices are very important to me. Mita owns a fruit cart and parks it right next to me. Sometimes she will throw me a piece of fruit and talk to me. Tila owns a meat cart and parks it on the other side of me. Every once in a while, Tila will hand me a small piece of meat and pat me on top of my head.
One morning, I could tell by the voices going by me that something different was going on.


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: