the Nine page 11 by ric gustafson
My name is Justice Clarence Thomas
In July of 2003, I was tired. My mother and childhood friends were coming to visit. Our Supreme Court yearly term just ended. It did not end on a good note. By a 5-4 vote, a University of Michigan Law School case was upheld. My legacy as the second black justice is to campaign to rewrite the nation's laws on race. For twelve years, I have voted to take race out of public schools, universities, the job market and voting districts.
My family is descended from Georgia slaves. My grandfather was raised by a former slave. At age 16, I was the first black student to integrate a Catholic high school seminary. In college, I joined black power movement. I protested the war in Vietnam. I staged campus protests to demand equal treatment for black Americans.
I entered Yale Law School as a beneficiaries of an affirmative action plan.
research help: ' Judging Thomas' by Ken Foskett
Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric
No comments:
Post a Comment