Monday, July 20, 2026

Salome page 1

 Salome page 1 by ric gustafson


I listened as Abba pointed at the slab of basalt. He was holding a chisel. " Do you hear this rock of the earth?".
" I hear nothing Abba". I looked around. " Where is Noy?".
Abba walked over and let in the dog. " Now do you hear it Zohar?".
I frowned. " Abba, that is not my real name?".
" I call you Zohar because it means light and brilliance".
I had been really sad since Ima passed 3 years ago. Sickness took her. She filled our home with song. Then it was just Abba and myself.
" Zohar, you should go and say hi to Naysa".
Abba tried to get up. 
I handed him his cane.
I smiled. " Ok Abba I will".


research help: ' On Living Stone' by Heather Kaufman


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: