the miracle on Titanic page 15 by ric gustafson
A steward wearing a dark cutaway jacket walked over to the table. " Good evening my name is Hughes". He smiled. " I will be your host this evening". As he handed out menus, he introduced everyone. " Tonight, we have oysters on the half shell, salmon mousseline, lamb chops and mint jelly".
As he filled everyone's water goblet, David wondered how he could talk to Charlene. She was sitting at the other end of the table with her brother. Later after people at the table had left, David had his chance.
" Mother, I'll be right back".
She smiled as she talked with the steward.
He sat down next to Charlene. " How was your dinner?".
" Fine". She put her bible on the table. " The lamb chops and mint jelly was very good".
" I don't know much about the bible". David noticed it on the table. " I would like to learn more".
Charlene looked at her watch. " Why don't we meet on the deck in twenty minutes?".
" Sure". He walked back to his mother.
David escorted his mother back to her room. " I'm going up to the deck to talk to Charlene".
" Ok, I'll see you in the morning".
research help: ' Murder on the Titanic' by Jim Walker
Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric
No comments:
Post a Comment