Beatles Anthology page 9 by ric gustafson
My name is George Harrison
I was born in Feb 1943 in Liverpool 12 Arnold Grove. My mother was from an Irish family. My father was a seaman. Eventually, he became a bus driver. My mother was Catholic. My father was not. I have two brothers and one sister. When I was born, my sister was twelve. Growing up, I did not see her very much. She went to teacher training college.
My mother's mother lived in Albert Grove. It was next to Arnold Grove. While my parents were working, I would stay with my grandmother. My father's father I never knew.
Our house was very small. We stayed mostly in the kitchen where the fire was. Our toilet was out back. We did not have a bathroom.
Arnold Grove was behind the Lamb Hotel in Wavertree. Nearby was an art deco cinema called the Abbey. There was also a clock tower named the Picton. Down the lane was a slaughterhouse.
research help: ' Beatles Anthology' by the Beatles
Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric
No comments:
Post a Comment