Salome page 2 by ric gustafson
I sat in a sprawling carob tree. Noy was down below. As I ate carob pods, I watched the busyness of Bethsaida. As I threw a carob pod to Noy, I watched fishermen, craftsmen, farmers and merchants working. This field I was in belonged to Ephraim. He was a prosperous resident of Bethsaida.
Then I heard a noise. I noticed five boys walking across the field toward me. Leading the group was Ephraim's son Elazar. From the underneath the tree, Noy began barking.
" Shush Noy Shush".
The dog kept barking.
Elazar and the others stopped at the tree. " Take a look Gideon". Elazar frowned. " Something in that tree is bothering that dog".
Gideon looked up the tree. He smiled at Elazar. " Look who I see in your tree?".
Elazar walked over to the tree. He looked up.
Gideon smiled. " It's the girl with the glowing eyes".
research help: ' On Living Stone' by Heather Kaufman
Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric
No comments:
Post a Comment