Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Pilate 2021 page 9

 Pilate 2021 page 9 by ric gustafson


Pilate and Herod Antipas watched as his stepdaughter finished her enticing dance.
" Lovely One". Antipas smiled. " Ask me for anything and it's yours".
" Anything?".
Antipas smiled again. " Even it it's half my kingdom".
" Father, your appreaction is enough reward".
" Salome, I want to give you a gift".
" May I ask Mother first?".
" Of course".
She later returned and stood right in front of Antipas.
" I want the head of John the Baptizer on a platter".
Antipas frowned. " Salome, I assume you are joking".
" No father". She glanced at her mother. " Mother told me to remind you of your oath".
Antipas muttered. " I gave my word".
A short time later, the gory head was given to Salome.
Salome gave the platter to her mother.


research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L Maier


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: