Sunday, August 2, 2020

Mary of Magdala page 43

Mary of Magdala page 43 by ric gustafson


The door to the courtyard opened. In horror, Mary and Jesus's mother watched as Jesus stepped out. He had a huge beam of wood around his weakened shoulders. He was now so weak , he could barely stand up.
As the procession slowly made their way down the narrow city streets, the two struggled to keep up with the growing crowd.
Finally, they reached Jesus.
" My son". Jesus's mother was crying. " My son".
" Mother, do not grieve". He stared at her. " I was born for this hour".
Mary ran up to Jesus. " I'm sorry".
" I know". He looked at her through the pain. " I know your heart".
The soldiers prodded Jesus forward. His execution had to take place outside the city's walls.
Jesus fell three times. Then someone was forced to carry his crossbeam.
After a while, the procession went outside a city wall. Then it stopped at a hill where three crosses were waiting.


research help: ' Mary called Magdalene' by Margaret George


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: