Wednesday, September 6, 2017

the Great Supper page 3

the Great Supper page 3 by ric Gustafson


Howard Moore slowly drove the 2009 Lincoln down the long driveway. He stopped in front of a two story white colored house. He got out of the SUV and walked up to the front door. He glanced at his watch. It was 3:30 pm. He had an hour and a half to pick up Mr Eldon's three friends and get them to the party by 5.
He rang the doorbell. The door was opened by a man Lee's age. He was talking on a cell phone.
" Hi I'm Howard Moore  assistant to Lee Eldon".
The man lifted his eyes from his phone. " I'm sorry you are who again".
" I'm here to take you to Mr Eldon's supper party".
" I'm sorry, I forgot it was this afternoon".  He went back to his phone. " I just bought a house to fix up for profit". He looked up again from the phone. " I just can't go right now".
Howard looked at his watch. " We need to leave or we will be late".
" Tell Lee I am sorry". He smiled. " Because it is business, I'm sure he will understand".
Howard left knowing that Mr Eldon was not going to be happy.


research help: ' All the Parables of the Bible' by Herbert Lockyer


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: