Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I Timothy 6:10 page 3

I Timothy 6:10 page 3 by ric Gustafson


One of the men shook Oliver's hand. " Hi, my name is John". He gave him a concerned stare. " Why do you need to come here after work?".
" Because of my job" Oliver replied. He took a sip of his cranberry juice. " It's very stressful".
Jesus put his rag down on the counter. " I know how to have a stress free life".
Oliver looked at Jesus. " What life is that?".
Jesus smiled. " Eternal life".
Oliver thought for a moment. " How do I obtain this eternal life?".
" It's very simple" Jesus replied as he began to wash some juice glasses. " Keep the ten commandments".
" Which ones?".
" You shall not commit murder, adultery, steal, bear false witness". He turned off the faucet and began to dry the glasses with a towel. " You need to honor your father and mother and love your neighbor as yourself".
" All these things I have kept" Oliver said as he glanced at the TV. " What am I still lacking?".
Jesus smiled at Oliver. " Go and sell your possessions, give to the poor and you will have treasure in heaven and then come follow me".
Oliver frowned, looked at the men, stood up and quietly left.
A tear came down Jesus's face as he picked up Oliver's juice glass and then put his napkin in the trash. He looked at his disciples who were seated around the counter. " Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God".
Peter spoke up. " Then who can be saved?".
Jesus looked at his disciples with love in his eyes. " With people it is impossible but with God all things are possible".

The End


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: