Thursday, October 2, 2014

down at the Witches Brew page 2

down at the Witches Brew page 2 by ric Gustafson


Todd walked into the doorway and felt cobwebs against his face.
Martin took a step inside and then felt something against his left leg. He looked down. " A black cat" he yelled.
" There you are Felix" said an older woman who was dressed all in black. " Sorry about that". She reached down with a bony arm and picked up the black cat. " Welcome to the Witches Brew". She gave a slight cackle. " What can I do for you?".
" We're lost" Todd said as he stared at the spooky décor of the room. " We're looking for Ridgefield Avenue where we live".
" I'm not sure where that street is" she replied. The cat scampered out of her arm and ran to a dark corner. " You boys look like you are hungry".
Martin felt his grumbling stomach. " I sure am".
She pointed toward an empty booth. " You can be my last customers today".
They sat down.
She picked up two menus and then blew the cob webs off of them. She handed them to the boys. " I would recommend the Eye of Newt and the Ghoul Stew is also good".
" No thanks" Todd said as he handed the menu back to her. " I'll wait for you outside".
Martin frowned as he handed her the menu. " Sorry, I guess we're not hungry after all". " That's ok" she replied with a cackle. " Not only is this a café but I also do tarot readings".
" I don't know what tarot cards are".
" Why don't you come back tomorrow night for a meal and I'll show you?".
He thought for a moment. " Ok". He stared outside. " What street is this?".
" Endor Lane".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: