Sunday, September 27, 2026

the Luisitania Miracle page 2

 the Luisitania Miracle page 2 by ric gustafson

a work in progress


I walked past a Cunard man as he talked to an elderly woman. He was wearing a Harris tweed jacket. She was wearing a fox stable. 
" I hope this ship is safe?".
" Of course Madam". The Cunard man smiled as he pointed at the huge liner. " She is the greyhound of the seas".
There was a gentleman standing next to the woman. " Mother, there will be a Royal Navy escort in Great Britain's waters". He stared at the Cunard man. " Right Sir?".
" Of course". The Cunard man smiled. " We have the guarantee of the Admiralty itself".
I walked up to the Cunard man. " I heard this was the fastest steamer to be found".
" Of course". He stared at the people starting to walk up the gangplank. " I shall direct you to the saloon class line". He smiled. " This way if you please".
I picked up my valise and my suitcase. I slowly followed the three up the gangplank.
We entered the Luisitania through the open doors of the Shelter Deck.


research help: ' A Crown of Stars' by Shana Abe


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric



No comments: