Monday, September 21, 2026

Beatles Anthology page 15

 Beatles Anthology page 15 by ric gustafson

My name is Ringo Starr


When I was 12, I started at Dingle Vale Secondary Modern School. I had to walk 30 minutes to get there. I would usually walk through Princes Park or down Park Road.
At 11, my stepfather came into the picture. His name was Harry. My Mum loved him. So did I. He was a painter and a decorator. At 13, Mum wanted to marry Harry. How could I say no.
At 13, I got pleurisy. I had bad lungs. When the bad lungs became tuberculosis, I was put into a hospital for a year. The nurses would bring toy instruments around to keep us occupied. That was when I started banging on a toy drum.
After 13, I left school for good. My first proper job was a messenger on the railways. I was there only 5 weeks. Then I worked on a pleasure steamer. In 1956 or 57, I did not want to be called up to the army. I became an apprentice engineer. The firm was H Hunt and Son.


research help: ' Beatles Anthology' by the Beatles


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: