Beatles Anthology page 14 by ric gustafson
My name is Ringo Starr
On Madryn Street, we had a two bedroom house. One for my Mum. One for me. My grandparents lived on Madryn Street. My dad was gone. I was an only child. I was brought up by my grandparents and my mother. One of my saddest moments is when my Grandfather died. I was 19 or 20. I started school at St Siles. It was just up the road from our house.
At 6 and a half, I became deathly ill. My appendix burst. I had peritonitis. It was a heavy operation. Because of all the time recovering, I did not go back to school for two years.
Then we moved to the Dingle. It was a rough area of Liverpool. I had a couple of friends I spent time with. Merchant Seamen would bring back records and styles of clothes.
My first musical memory about age 8 was Gene Autry.
research help: ' Beatles Anthology' by the Beatles
Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric
No comments:
Post a Comment