Thursday, December 31, 2020

Martha page 8

 Martha page 8 by ric gustafson


Martha was sleeping. Mary shook her awake.
" Martha". She began to cry. " Abba's gone".
They ran to his pallet. He had fallen asleep during the night. His face was peaceful.
The next morning, Lazarus told Nathan.
Ephraim's body was prepared for burial.
He was laid in a tomb. The family mourned for seven days.
One day, Lazarus spoke to Martha in private. " Nathan has told me what you have been doing in the olive garden".
Martha was scared. " Does the whole village know?".
" No". He frowned. " Just Nathan and I".
" He has asked me to marry him".
" What did you tell him?".
" I promised him an answer when he returns".
" I will pray for both of you".
" Thank you Lazarus".


research help: ' Martha' by Diana Wallis Taylor


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: