Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Martha page 7

 Martha page 7 by ric gustafson


Martha sat under a tree in the Mount of Olives. She heard a noise. She looked up to see Captain Flavious.
" Captain, do you come here often?".
" Yes". He grinned. " I come here often to pray".
Martha looked puzzled. " To pray?".
" Yes, I am a Godfearer".
" So you pray to the one God Jehovah?".
" Yes". He smiled. " You are not married".
Martha gave him a strange stare. " How did you know that?".
" I have my sources".
" How long have you been in the army?".
" Almost twenty years". His voice hesitated. " I plan to retire at the end of the year".
Martha thought for a moment. " I should go".
" Meet me here next Sabbath".
" Okay". She smiled. " What is your name Captain?".
" People call me Thaddeus".


research help: ' Martha' by Diana Wallis Taylor


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: