Monday, April 6, 2020

John page 1

John page 1 by ric gustafson


The old evangelist stared out a window from the dark dungeon cell. It was dawn but already activities were happening outside.
" They are getting ready for you". The guard smiled. " I'm sure you knew that".
John nodded. He knew that Domitian wanted him dead. He was surprised that he was the only living disciple of Jesus the Christ left.
" Can I ask why so many people want you dead?".
" I serve the one true God and his son Jesus".
The guard looked perplexed. " I'm surprised they have not killed you before now".
John frowned. " My brother James was the first disciple to be killed for our faith".
" What happened?".
" He was beheaded by authority of Herod Agrippa I".
The guard left.
Later, John was given a meal of bread full of insects and a wooden cup of water.


research help: ' John's Story' by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B Jenkins


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: