Saturday, June 27, 2020

Mary of Magdala page 6

Mary of Magdala page 6 by ric gustafson


Mary watched as the women started to arrive. After telling everyone that she was  going to marry Joel of Nain, her parents began to plan the wedding. Today, the women of the family were coming.
" Your cousins and your aunts". Her mother beamed. " Also Joel's sister from Nain is coming".
Of course Ashara tried to convince her to send them away.
One day, the ceremony came.
" I Joel Bar Ezekiel consecrate Mary of Magdala Bat Nathan to me as my wife". He took her hand. " This is in accordance with the law of Moses and of Israel".
" May the God of Israel, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob bless this union". Mary's father grinned. " And now on to the feast".
Later at the wedding banquet, Joel picked up the first cup of wine. " This is my wedding day and I welcome you all".
Later that night
" I will honor you with my life".
Mary smiled at her husband. " And I you with mine".


research help: ' Mary called Magdalene' by Margaret George


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: