Monday, March 23, 2020

White Rose page 1

White Rose page 1 by ric gustafson


My name is Gerhard. It was a cold December night. I was going to visit  my friend Hans and his sister Sophie. They lived in an apartment on Josefstrasse. I had seen Sophie in an auditorium class on campus. She had brown hair and a boyish quality.
They offered me dessert and schnapps. Other people were in that apartment including a professor. I was asked how I knew Hans and Sophie. I told them I had served with Hans on the Eastern Front.
Somebody turned toward me. " Have you heard of White Rose?".
I stared back. " No".
" Hans and Sophie have taken a stand against the Third Reich".
" What do you mean?".
Hans walked over to me. " We have distributed leaflets against Hitler and the Reich here at the University".
Sophie smiled. " Will you join us?".


research help: ' The Traitor' by V.S. Alexander


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: