Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Ben Hur page 2

Ben Hur page 2 by ric Gustafson


Judah heard a noise. He stood up from the marble bench to see his friend. He had not seen him in five years.
Messala smiled at Judah. " Please, let's sit". He hugged his friend. " I'm sorry to hear about your father's death".
He frowned. " I miss him".
" How did it happen?".
" A storm at sea".
Messala grinned. " And how old is your sister now?".
" Fifteen". Judah's voice hesitated. " And how is your father the tax collector?".
" Fine". He smiled at Judah. " He got me into the Roman army".
" Are you enjoying it?".
" Yes". He smiled. " We have real weapons, drilling and officers".
" I'm happy here".
" Here". He looked around. " In a land of a nameless god and lunatic prophets"
" Why did you come back?".
" My father sent for me". He smiled. " Judah, come back with me".
" Messala, I'm staying".


research help: ' Ben Hur a tale of the Christ' by Carol Wallace


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: