Saturday, June 18, 2011

seven deadly sins 2011: Greed b

seven deadly sins 2011: Greed b by ric gustafson.


" How was the steak Mr Firestone?" Ben asked as he swallowed the last bite of his meal and wiped off his mouth with his napkin.
" Very good Ben" he replied as he drank from his water goblet. "It's one of the best steaks I've had excluding ours of course".
" Mr Firestone" Ben slowly said and then hesitated. " I have a lot of good ideas for Macanac Steaks".
" That's good Ben" he replied with a smile. " I like hearing that from my supervisors".
" Mr Firestone, have you ever thought about appointing a Vice President who would be directly under you?".
" Are you referring to yourself Ben?".
Ben gave his boss a strange look. " With all my great ideas, I think I would make a great Vice President".
" Ben" Mr Firestone said like he was talking to his own son. " You've been doing your job ok except for the negative reports I sometimes get from your employees". " Don't be so greedy" he said as he put a hand on Ben's shoulder. " Let me worry about your advancement, just concentrate on your own job".
" Ok Mr Firestone" Ben said quietly as the waiter put the bill on the table.
" Are you sure you don't need help paying this?".
" No I'm fine" was the reply as he put his Visa card on top of the bill.
The waiter came and took the bill and card.
" Thanks for dinner Ben" Mr Firestone said as he got up and put his coat on. " Remember my office door is always open". He walked out.
Ben sat at the table and signed the Visa bill. A scowl came to his face.




research help: ' The Journey' by Billy Graham.




Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric.

No comments: