Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pilate page 29

Pilate page 29 by ric gustafson.



Pilate was sitting in his study writing when there was a knock on the door. " Yes".
" My Prefect".
" Yes".
" My Prefect, there are several priests here to see you".
He walked over to the group that had formed. " Yes, what is this intrusion?".
" My Prefect, the titulus that you affixed to the top of the Rabbi's cross is wrong".
" It is" was Pilate's reply as he scratched his chin. " Why would you think that?".
" It reads Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews".
" That is correct".
" My Prefect, it should say that he claimed to be the King of the Jews".
" What I have written, I have written". He left the priests standing where they were and walked back to his study.
He wrote on the parchment that the basis of sentence was constructive treason. The sentence was crucifixion and there was no appeal.




research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L. Maier





Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric.

No comments: