Beatles Anthology page 12 by ric gustafson
My name is George Harrison.
When I was in my early teens, the skiffle boom started. In the late 50's, Lonnie Donegan was king of skiffle. He had the highest profile. He was the most successful guitar player of the time. He had a great voice and a lot of energy. He sang versions of Leadbelly songs. He was a hero of mine.
My skiffle band was called the Rebels. I tried to make a guitar. That did not go well. The first decent guitar I had was a Hofner President. I would spend hours trying to learn how to play that guitar.
My first girlfriend was Iris Caldwell. I heard a club was being built at number 8 Hayman's Green. It was in a cellar. The name of the club was to be called the Casbah. There I met Pete Best. Paul and I met Stuart Sutcliffe at Art College. Sutcliffe was thin with glasses. He had a Van Gogh beard.
Now with John, Paul, myself, Stuart and Pete on drums, we had a band.
research help: ' Beatles Anthology' by the Beatles.
Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric
No comments:
Post a Comment